2.5 Update - 3/19

Taryth

Administrator
Staff member
So as it sometimes does, life turned a bit sour the beginning of the year for me, which kept me away for a couple months. Luckily, things are back to normal and thus 2.5 is picking back up.

It's taken me a bit to get back up to speed with where we're at, but now that I have, I think we're still reasonably close to a finish. I fixed the following:

- Skills should mostly work now, in terms of training and portability. They may not display right in the Skills window (not at a trainer) - I don't know why, and honestly fixing it is low on the priority list. It won't stop us from releasing, certainly

- Training windows should be reasonably accurate. There might still be a few discrepancies - the client automatically defaults a level 1's skills, so I'm adjusting server code to match that. As a level 1, for example, you will start appropriate melee/spell skills at 10 (max at level 1). Certain other skills are automatic when you create a new char, which brings me to...

- All new characters will start with max Sense Heading. No more button mashing or stupid macros.

- Special attacks (kick, bash, etc.) should be working now

We've made some fixes to groups too, but a few bugs still lurk. Our immediate list of priorities are:

- Finish fixing up groups
- Raids
- Adventure bands (this should be a minor, easy fix)
- Consumables - maybe some problems here? It's a little unclear
- Stacking (the client doesn't allow you to turn in stacks of things. How dumb is that? We're trying to work around it)
- Verifying AAs/tomes
- Client/patcher fixes and stability improvements

We've picked up some more testers, and if you have a particular desire to do some testing, let me know ([email protected]) and I will get you the info. Don't expect support, and expect things to be lost/broken if you do. :) Nonetheless, we'd be nowhere without our testers, and I really, really appreciate the feedback they've provided us thus far.

I'll share more when I have it.

-t

Back
Top Bottom