Aug Kit revamp

You've got to delete old crap for new crap.

I have a nearly full bank of old gear, but I have less than a bag of quest items and I don't need space for more right now.

I get the impression that you guys aren't really into questing. Not trying to do quests definitely makes it easier to keep a clutter-free bank. I just don't understand why you'd design a game with quests that require all this bank space, and if you do multiple quests it requires multiple times the bank space, but the game is designed to limit your bank space for reasons I'm not clear on.

I do quests, but I actually work on them and complete them not have all the items for them sit in my bank indefinitely.

You also listed a ton of gear you can easily delete.

I get the impression that you guys aren't really into questing. Not trying to do quests definitely makes it easier to keep a clutter-free bank. I just don't understand why you'd design a game with quests that require all this bank space, and if you do multiple quests it requires multiple times the bank space, but the game is designed to limit your bank space for reasons I'm not clear on.

I think I have done every long quest line in the game, and I would venture to say that I have done more quests than 99% of the server population.

If I can keep a fletching kit and an empty bag slot in the main inventory for the last 16 months, surely you can keep that much room.

I've fletched an awful lot of quivers, and the most efficient setup for doing so requires approximately 40 free inventory slots. Whether I keep the fletching kit in the bank or in my inventory doesn't change the fact that I've got to be able to empty it as well as three other bags whenever I restock. Since I can only spare three empty (more or less) bags in my inventory, that means another bag/kit in the bank has to be clearable come fletching time.

Technically, fletching quivers can be accomplished with only three bags, but you're gonna be so crammed up you'll be running to the banker after every quiver to grab a new imbuing agent off a mule and drop your just-made quiver onto another.

And that's the whole point. Technically, you could get through 13 tiers with six bank slots, but you'd be crammed up a lot of the time. You could probably pull three of your four RAM sticks out of your computer and SoD would still run as long as you avoided boxing, spell effects and targeting rings. Bank space hasn't budged in SoD since (...ever?) while lots of quests and even more no drop items have been added over the years. More swap space would be nice.

iono if it was recommended in this thread or another but a npc enabled for subscriber houses that could hold another 80 slots wouldn't be too bad an idea if it could be coded.

The issue with the house thing is that it's account based, not character based. Hence, you can't put [NO DROP] items in there. If you need to store droppable items for a while, you can already use the house storage or a bank mule.

would it actually be hard to make a new box that ties to the toon not the account?
Hail, Storage box, on the toon it belong to
/cm D1 Id like to store this item(One on the cursor)
/cm D2-50 Id like to extract this item

Hail, Storage box, On a diffrent toon
I'm sorry %t you do not have access to this box

Even better suggestion, why not remove the 1000 jam up mobs in the game that cause so many of us to hoard this junk? I look at Aradyn's bank and agree, I would love to finish these quests so I can quit hoarding stuff... Then I wouldn't need to keep looking at all this junk in the bank in hopes that FWF decides to take a day off from Mob X so I can actually have a chance to kill/finish my quest =D

Back
Top Bottom