Necromancer AA Leechstorm

Manluas

Dalayan Elder
I want to talk about a possible change to the Necro AA Leechstorm.

This AA is a simple 750ish AE Lifetap with 1 hour, 12 Mins recast time. Sounds pretty handy but to be honest it's pretty useless when you can buy it. Mostly you'll be in a group that uses CC and every bard or enchanter will murder you for using AE's in that situations.

I would like to rather have an AA that creates some +hate on a single target. Due to FD every Necro can risk to get some aggro in an average XP group when a heal goes off late or the healer as aggro or whatever else happens. This could just save the day if you are really deep into a dungeon and about to engage a certain mob or just don't want to run forever to get back.

Sidenote: I haven't bought Leechstorm yet, the description is based on some comments of other Necros that have it.

I would like some input/comments/other suggestions because as it stands now I feel that this AA is pretty useless while the hate proc could have some use.

Possible replacement AA:

Sacrifice to the Dead

Reduce player hitpoints by 2000, increase pet overhaste by 65%

or Dead Mesmerization as was previously suggested

Was brought up some time ago, we all agree it sucks (AE damage is bound to disappear I predict, much like Call of the Night was removed).
I think Dead mesmerize was suggested to replace Festering Curse, which (from what I heard) doesn't need anymore change now that the snare component was removed. I don't think it could replace Leechstorm though, because of client limitations (feel free to correct me), cause I think it should be an AE effect . But I agree it 'd rock.
Maybe make an AE fear out of this AA ?

Oh and yeah, what is Flesh to Bone ?

SoDPlayer said:
*laugh*

Necromancers could turn meat into a bone chip!

..bring it back!!

And AE Fear...limited to outdoor zones since it'll rape the group if used in any fear enabled indoor zone :/

But I must admit I like the idea Zorlaft brought up with the Overhaste, usefull when you need to throw as much DPS on a mob as possible.

Don't you use lifeburn, then, Luas? If you use the pet overhaste, you can't lifeburn (effectively), if you use lifeburn and then pet back to back you're pretty much screwed :p

fooraide said:
Don't you use lifeburn, then, Luas? If you use the pet overhaste, you can't lifeburn (effectively), if you use lifeburn and then pet back to back you're pretty much screwed :p

"Lifeburn -> Recession/LT -> Pet overhaste" sounds better then "Lifeburn" to me in DPS-cases ;)
Just a wild guess :p

fooraide said:

Necromancers are skilled in the art of lifetapping

I had a few thoughts on what to change it to. I know dick about what's feasible and what's not so here's a bunch :

AE undead illusion (beneficial) - Makes your group/raid skeletons.

AE undead Illusion (offiensive) - Makes mobs temporarily poo colored skeletons like Ignite bones did back in the day on live. (This made a regular mob succeptible undead spells while the effect lasted, correct?)

AE skeleton -> zombie Illusion (offensive) - Targetting skeletons can suck very badly.

AE AC tap/Degeneration/Mind Wrack or w/e spell - Casts an ac tap/degeneration spell that gives your group a recourse buff equal to or better than Succusion of Shadows / Degeneration / Mind Wrack.

AE Undead Slow - Slow some undead /shrug

AE FD - Set the reset timer to 2 days and make it a group FD spell.

Targetable Lich - Set the reset timer to something long and make it a targetable Lich spell

Group Life Flow - Heal group members by 75% your current hp's following the same rules as lifeburn.

Hell Hounds - Unleash pets like the new Wake Dead that damage mana instead of hp's.

Coldstones are useful - Set the buy amount to 18aa's and allow coldstones to be used in place of rubies for rez.

Im not sure if this is a tiered AA (3/6/9 or whatever, or a single buy 9 aa), but and idea :
For the next 5 minutes, all mezzes cast by necro can work on mobs up to level 65 and are 50% longer in duration.
If it is tiered, step up time/lvl per AA. Adjust to whatever seems correct.

Next FD will be AoE FD, except it wont FD you. Next AoE spell wont wake up your freshly FD fellows. Hello boss mob, please dont hurt me.

Next Group Life Tap will instead be a group mana tap. Set to whatever % of the hp to not be overpowering.

For the next 2 min, all DoTs cast by said necro will crit. Adjust time accordingly.

Next lich spell cast will be group instead of self. Adjust duration accordingly.

Any of these, a group or a raid would like to see in a necro. Most of these you can change the power on, so wont be over powering or so weak as not to be worthless.

Aethyr said:
Im not sure if this is a tiered AA (3/6/9 or whatever, or a single buy 9 aa), but and idea :
For the next 5 minutes, all mezzes cast by necro can work on mobs up to level 65 and are 50% longer in duration.
If it is tiered, step up time/lvl per AA. Adjust to whatever seems correct.

Next FD will be AoE FD, except it wont FD you. Next AoE spell wont wake up your freshly FD fellows. Hello boss mob, please dont hurt me.

Next Group Life Tap will instead be a group mana tap. Set to whatever % of the hp to not be overpowering.

For the next 2 min, all DoTs cast by said necro will crit. Adjust time accordingly.

Next lich spell cast will be group instead of self. Adjust duration accordingly.

Any of these, a group or a raid would like to see in a necro. Most of these you can change the power on, so wont be over powering or so weak as not to be worthless.

Those last 2 are extremely way overpowered, and having a raid wide FD that blocks AE's could be used to get around large one time ae's on a lot of mobs

Yeah, especially the DoT crit thingy. Necros are already major DPS, if I could crit 2 minutes with cunning on me I'd ashame almost every other non Necro DPSer. 1k+ DPS is nothing you should underestimate.

Back
Top Bottom