Class Tomes not in game

Obscenitor

Dalayan Elder
Would it be possible to get 'placeholder' class tomes put in the game and on loot tables? This would be nice (especially for priests) so that we would not have to go back to turruj long after we need the loot in order to get class tomes whenever they are implemented.

Since the players involved may need to exchange as many as 14-30 rot class3+ tomes to get a full set of these. The latter number is more then a month of clearing. We already have members who will have to turn in 14 class tome rots, @ two weeks of clearing and boss killing. So, Yes.

also add opuses back to tur'ruj bosses, i don't know why it was changed to class tomes only but i think those quickly lose value

I'd support this. It doesnt take long to get through all a guilds class tomes (even if all were in game, we have had horrible luck and looted ridiculous numbers of rot ones).

Yet there are still Opus 2s that have never once dropped (including some of the more crucial ones)

a Gru'niet Tunneler
a Gru'niet Miner
a Gan Night Cryer
a Gru'niet Elementalist
a Kal'tan Disciple
a darksun mutant

These mobs still drop nothing at all. (Bit of a derail, but I didn't want to bump another thread on a very similar topic)

All guilds end up needing a bit of backfarming here and there, the current situation in Tturuj is entirely different.

Each boss drops 1 random class tome. There is a way to fill in missing tomes, but the more you use this method the more farming each successive tome requires.

I'd wager that if classtomes/opuses had all been in game and dropping off all appropriate mobs from the start, we would have 90% of our class tomes and 30-40% more opuses than we do. We could be done with turuj other than Rujik in a matter of weeks. Instead, we will basically be farming the zone indefinitely unless another method to gain these tomes is added. We can't really ask to suddenly have all tomes in game, but placeholders would help to minimize damage even though we are already mostly done with the zone's loot.

Its fun to raid never before seen content and get new phat loot, but in general the guilds that come after have it far easier.

also add opuses back to tur'ruj bosses, i don't know why it was changed to class tomes only but i think those quickly lose value

Eisley and Tarutao disagree on something. News at 11.

All guilds end up needing a bit of backfarming here and there, the current situation in Tturuj is entirely different.

Short version, if 8 months from now, the second and third cleric class tomes are created, we'll need to go back to Tur`Ruj to start clearing full tribes for tomes in hopes of getting those new cleric class tomes (2 in 45 shot each tribe), and if we use unused tomes through the class tome 3/4 redemption process, that is still 2 kills of the zone's boss per cleric and 20-30 extraneous tomes per cleric.

Rinse/repeat for druids.... and again for shamans... the story is a little less extreme for the 6 other classes that have 2 class tomes instead of the 3 intended or the 1 that priests have. It's a looming many month backfarm of items that we have no reason to believe will be obtainable through any other methods and will be forever irreplaceable.

Maybe have it where it always drops one class tome and a % chance to drop an opus too?

that'd work. i liked the old system though. 50/50 chance to get either a class or opus. it's still obscenely rare and purely luck based to get certain opuses, for example i have still never even seen an exceptional healing 1 drop.

Back
Top Bottom