Cannot Get Patcher to Work

ibcrazguy

Dalayan Beginner
Good Day, i used search to see if any thread has already been started with this issue and i did not seem to find one.

I have latest update from ****/EQLive - Running on Vista triple Core Computer.

I have Copied all files from the Original Download to a seperate File *incase i screwed things up/did something i couldn't fix* which seems i may have done. Anyways ...... Following the steps provided in http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=13538 Thread i have done the following....

1 - Step Completed

2 - Step Completed

3 - Step Completed - put up a little File Folder for it too be in for now.

4- Copied File to Everquest Folder.

5 - Double Clicked on sodpatcher.exe

6- Browsed files to direct patcher to same area that sodpatcher.exe is located - Clicked on Patch and Run

i get an error message * everquest directory invalid *
cannot find eqgame.exe cannot be found blahblahblah blah
Please specify your Everquest directory correctly

Now i know i am not a wiz on a computer, but i followed the steps according to the Thread and my roomate, which is better at this then I am, also followed the steps as well. We both got the same problem.

Any able to help?
Thanks in advance

Which Os are you using? If its Vista +, you may have a read or execute permissions error and will need to probably execute the sodpatcher as admin, change the directory permissions to read/write/execute, or just disable UAC.

But you should post what you have prior to doing any of these.

The patcher needs to be directed to your everquest folder where the eqgame.exe file is located.

Yeah i figured it out. Got really mad at it so played retail for a bit on the new progression server - um ya 5 hours to get 4.5 levels of exp. It sucked. I found that I just needed to do a differ pathing then what was posted on the site*in pics*

Thanks for everyones help and intrigue.
See ya in game!

6. This will then prompt you to browse to your Game installation folder, which is where we want to save these files. If you used the default installation directory, follow the image below. Make sure you click on the the Game folder so it is highlighted and then click the Copy button.

That's the default directory. If you used a different path, then you need to point to that...

Back
Top Bottom