Offical Ruling on Keys / keying people in

Blubuds

Dalayan Beginner
From what I gather from talking with a GM yesterday .. it's no longer ok to port a guild to UT even to farm trash unless that guild have cleared LT and gotten a key for themselves. ( I get this part)

What about op / ip
People leave / join all the time dose everyone need a key, or is there a %'tage that is required now? Is this posted somewhere. I guess I want to know if it's required to farm gotss to keep rekeying people that join or if it's ok long as most are. Also dose this mean once you have IP key done with the guild, you have to continue to farm it?

This isn't a complaint, I just understand this changed while I was gone and would like a ruling on it.

-Zumm

I was under the impression a 2/3's rule was in play (IE 2/3's of the guild had to have been keyed, or helped with attaining the key), but I'm honestly somewhat fuzzy on this.

I can't comment on the ruling part, but as for the GOTSS part, you don't actually have to kill GOTSS to get people keyed to prison. You need to kill him once for a key to the back room, then you can clear in even when GOTSS isn't up to get additional people keyed. You'll want to do this for everyone anyway as you need the key for other things. I would assume only needing to kill GOTSS once is intended due to the way the keying works, unlike other keying mechanisms for other zones where you have to be present for the kill to become keyed.

I can't comment on the ruling part, but as for the GOTSS part, you don't actually have to kill GOTSS to get people keyed to prison. You need to kill him once for a key to the back room, then you can clear in even when GOTSS isn't up to get additional people keyed. You'll want to do this for everyone anyway as you need the key for other things. I would assume only needing to kill GOTSS once is intended due to the way the keying works, unlike other keying mechanisms for other zones where you have to be present for the kill to become keyed.

So as long as they have done GOTSS in the past it's ok for me to key them in to get more keys. I'm going to assume the same is going to apply to MoTG and the IP keys than

correct

You guys are right, for pickup raids and raids which use a number of overtiered characters, the rule of thumb is 2/3 of the players should be keyed for/have access to the content to drag the rest of the raid with them.

If they've done GoTSS in the past, then they should have keys - what kind of silly raid leader takes their guild to GoTSS and doesn't key everybody?

(The devs are fuzzy but that just makes them more cuddly!)

This rule was put in place when Ruin was thinking about porting into IP and farming stones before killing Taeshlin. This is by no means a new rule.

If they've done GoTSS in the past, then they should have keys - what kind of silly raid leader takes their guild to GoTSS and doesn't key everybody?

Yes, sorry, I was referring to keying new guild members who weren't there for the initial kill in reference to:

I guess I want to know if it's required to farm gotss to keep rekeying people that join or if it's ok long as most are.

It was not meant as a way to key a guild who has not previously killed GOTSS.

My guild was kicked out of IP about a month ago because we hadn't killed Taeshlin as a guild, despite meeting a 2/3 requirement. I was told we could come back after killing Taeshlin.

My guild was kicked out of IP about a month ago because we hadn't killed Taeshlin as a guild, despite meeting a 2/3 requirement. I was told we could come back after killing Taeshlin.

You came up with less than half the raid that was keyed, and several were not in your guild, so dont even start.

We have been very careful on each wing to beat it without the use of Volkov's ring thankyou very much.

We have been very careful on each wing to beat it without the use of Volkov's ring thankyou very much.

That could be interpreted two ways, and I'm not leaning more towards either of them.

1) You beat it first time with no well ring and then used it from then on, or:

2) You simply haven't used it.

It's not a false statement, and yes, I was there. Your words were to the extent of "it doesn't matter, you have to kill him as a guild."

You then denied me even the possiblity of leading a pickup raid to kill him, saying that it was violating the "heart of content skipping."

Seeing as a guildile was boxing 2 of my chars that have killed teashlin, and I was boxing 2 other chars that had killed him, being denied even the option of a pickup raid was pretty frustrating.

And as per a couple chars that were there being in a differnt guild (5 or 6 iirc) so what? They were all flagged for it, along with some chatarcters with our guild. By our count we were within the 2/3rds rule.

Back
Top Bottom