Newport GM Bard quest

Furrygamer

Dalayan Adventurer
http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Newport_GM_Bard_Quests

I did this quest with my Vah Shir Bard and the boost from quest made me go from KoS to Threatening, i found out after I was attacked upon going into the guild. Do not know what step to take besides posting here. Any additional ideas to get my faction fixed from this bug would help (like should I petition or something).

Bard's Name: Ulrich
Race: Vah Shir
Level: 13
Quest Wiki Link: http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Newport_GM_Bard_Quests

well KoS to Threatening but yes pretty much. Quest is suppose to make you Amiable so you can do lock picking.

So wait..

You are trying to get into the rogue guild to do lockpicking? From the context of your posts.. im having a hard time discerning what it is you are trying to do, especially since you didnt state anywhere in the opening post you are trying to get into the rogue guild to do lockpicking, or mention that quest specifically, just linked a wiki page with several quests on it.

Perhaps typing out ALL of it instead of linking 2 quest lines would be more beneficial.. What is it you are trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
ok then

The quest to get into the rogue guild to do lock picking is bugged. You pay 10 plat, give a letter to the bar owner, and get faction up enough to get into the rogue guild to use the locked doors. At this moment the faction boost from the quest makes you stay kos to the guild and thus does not help you one bit.

By the way the quest I was talking about was on that page, you should ignore the links to other quests.

To try to help explain...

This is the quest that was put in so that Bards (who start off kos) can gain access to the rogues guild for all the things they provide (picking locks, the fence, etc...).

It looks like the faction adjustment for Vah is such that the faction gained isn't enough to bring Vah bards up to non-kos status to use the guild.

Don't know if this is intentional, if the Vah rogues guild might provide the same services to Vah bards somehow.

As it is right now, there does not appear to be anywhere in the Vah lands for either rogues or bards to skill up lock picking or do any of the normal roguish type things. Pre Vah this would be done in the Newport rogues guild. Because the Vah bards do not get enough of a faction boost they do not benefit from the Newport rogues guild.

Have yet to hear anything further with a fix for this. Should I petition to have the faction fixed, that the quest should have done it as?

This is when you go pick up the illusion mask for the dark elf from Erudin. Could also buy the human illusion mask or get one from Paw. Once in dark elf or human form you should be able to get in there. Pretty easy really.

This is when you go pick up the illusion mask for the dark elf from Erudin. Could also buy the human illusion mask or get one from Paw. Once in dark elf or human form you should be able to get in there. Pretty easy really.

Tested with High elf and Dark elf masks and was still KoS. No test with human mask however. Should this be wrong?

As it's a guild based in a human city I would imagine the human illusion gives better faction than DE or HE. Honestly though, the Vah are an alien race as far as most of Dalaya are concerned.

My ogre warrior couldn't do the quest in Newport warrior guild without an illusion. My SK isn't KoS to Surefall, but he can't do the friendship quest there. It's just the nature of how various race and class tensions work in the game. Get an illusion and then do what you need to do there.

EDIT: I didn't realize bards went to amiable upon completion of the quest. That is a big jump. I thought they were dubious or indifferent at best. Perhaps it is something wrong with how Vah faction is set, though by the same token as a human I couldn't do anything in the Vah city as far as vendors went. So maybe it's intended.

I think that it would make more sense for Vah rogue guild to have a "practice" location for lockpicking as well as maybe some more low level doors out there to skill up on.

Last edited:
illusions cannot help as the rogue guild starts out kos to none rogues. If you do not have the faction, you simply cannot get in. I am guessing I should just petition for a faction fix.

I am also wondering how to fix this on my baby bard.

If a vah rogue/bard area is put in, mind temporarily fixing faction with newport rogue so we can do the stuff we need there until the vah equivilent is put in?

A human illusion should fix it with your bard if you've done the bard GM quest. Try it. If other human, wood elf, and half elf bards can get in an illusion of one of those races should work as well. I have a chanter so i can help people with human illusion if they need it. Just let me know. I should be online tonight after 7pm EST. Look for Venzul.

Back
Top Bottom