Listsold Web Portal (Beta)

Yami

Staff Emeritus
Finally after a months of working through possible variations, Wiz has given me the go ahead to make the Listsold Portal (beta) available to the community. This is still a work in progress and I'm sure there will be more additions at a later time.

A disclaimer about this site:

I'll give reasons why in a second.

- It will not ever have an item search feature.. don't ask!
- It will not show prices.
- This site may disappear at anytime, depending on the load and user experience it creates on the servers and database.
- DO NOT WRITE, BUY, DOWNLOAD CRAWLERS TO USE WITH IT.

Things that I am open to suggestion for, design, fonts / colors, adjustments etc.

Reasons why for the above disclaimer.

We do not want to take away from the in-game community by providing a item search able listsold. Wiz is very strict on this point.

Second the reasons for no pricing, is so you may browse the listsold offline, but to compare prices with other vendors you will have to log in game.

Third, I really have no idea what kind of performance hit the database will take (I'm thinking not a lot, more than likely, a lot less than fomelo does.) So we will judge the server's resources over the weekend to make sure everything is still going well.

Last, under no circumstance we will be allowing 3rd party applications, bots, or crawlers for the purpose of creating a search able database of any kind. This page follows the same policies that are in place for the in-game listsold. The only thing you will end up doing is having this page taken offline because of the lag created from crawling it. Do the community a favor and use it like its given.

Things I'm still working on / discussing:
Next seller button akin to that of the in game command.
Advanced Item effects (haven't found an item I can't test this with just yet)
2nd Aug slots (didn't have time to work all the kinks out)
Tooltip background

Finally, I don't want to come off sounding harsh, but we've done a lot to try and make this available in the form its in. We want people to have a tool to browse at work, home, on another computer whatever. Its your choice on whether you would like to use it, if not please still use the in-game system. This is just another option.

Link!: http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/vendorlist/

P.S. I know my grammar may not be the best, but take it with a grain of salt! :)

Welp I went and checked it out and I have to say job well done. It's really nice!! Now I can get rid of all these stacks of papers with vendors names on them LOL!

Anyways excellent job! I'm sure any additions will be great, but just getting it up and out there is sweet. =)

Last edited:
Very nice work so far! In its current state I really don't it giving people access to too much information while at the same time eliminating some of the PITA thinks from before. Much appreciation for the hard work put into getting a beta version running!

As far as any suggestions... Visually the first thing that comes to mind is the text on the "list sold description". The white text on the already light background does put some light stress on the eyes but I guess its something I might have to try out. I also don't know if the light text would play havoc on any printers or not. Possibly bringing it in line with the main page with the news would tie it in with the rest of the site nicely as well. (I like the font face / color / size on the main page quite a bit)

Keep up the good work!

Very nice work. Gives the listadd message more weight now I feel

Also needs a more creative name!

Last edited:
White text on light brown background could be changed to some darker text to make it easier on the eyes.

Or just change every other one to be darker so that it is easier to scan through the listadds without them starting to run together. Since some are 1 line and others are 2 lines long.

Great start! A few suggestions and questions...

- Could you make the box size with the window, so it can be enlarged so that the descriptions don't wrap to 2 lines?
- What order are the items displayed in? It doesn't appear to be in any permutation of the order in which they are in the inventory. Making it match inventory sequence would make it much easier to assess what items have been sold for those of us who know the order in which we add things on listsold (yes, I'm THAT big a geek)
- What order are the sellers listed in? It doesn't appear to match that in game. Not a big concern, just wonder who gets the first page space. =P
- Is this live from the database, or cached somehow like the in-game listsold is? i.e. will the listing here become stale after a while as items are sold like the in-game listsold lists in the cities do?

Thanks!
Gund

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

Or just change every other one to be darker so that it is easier to scan through the listadds without them starting to run together. Since some are 1 line and others are 2 lines long.

This is something I'm going to try to do, if I can't I will more than likely be darkening the text to make it easier on the eyes.

Great start! A few suggestions and questions...

- Could you make the box size with the window, so it can be enlarged so that the descriptions don't wrap to 2 lines?
- What order are the items displayed in? It doesn't appear to be in any permutation of the order in which they are in the inventory. Making it match inventory sequence would make it much easier to assess what items have been sold for those of us who know the order in which we add things on listsold (yes, I'm THAT big a geek)
- What order are the sellers listed in? It doesn't appear to match that in game. Not a big concern, just wonder who gets the first page space. =P
- Is this live from the database, or cached somehow like the in-game listsold is? i.e. will the listing here become stale after a while as items are sold like the in-game listsold lists in the cities do?

- I'll work on the description table to try and make it so they stay one liners. Not sure if its possible with the current width / font size. But can try!

- Order of the items displayed is how its *put* into the database far as I know. I haven't had much time to experiment with this, only from how its reading the DB. Don't quote me on that though.

- Same as above on sellers, the front page will rotate as will all the others. My educated guess is its by the time stamp they were put into the DB and timing down. (As in your message only stays up for X amount of hours) As I work on it more and more people are using it, I can get a better idea.

- This is live, real time from the database. What that doesn't mean is how the game is using the database to add/remove information is real time. In other words, there may be a lag time when the game adds / removes things from the listsold table, this will more than likely be present in the offline version aswell. Can't really say for sure just yet!

I don't think it's currently listing what you have in your listsold if it is being sold from your House.

This is a great description of what the new Vendorlist page does not do. So what does it DO?

I still have to seach vendors one by one in random order, just like ingame. But that isn't a big complaint to me. I understand the Listsold system is set up to resemble a giant garage sale where you have to pick through everything to find what you want.

The only thing that really bugs me about Listsold the time delay between selecting specific vendors. If the web page takes just as long to search as ingame, then no advantage to me.

However, as a distict positive, I can now pull up a window and ALT-TAB to search listsold while I'm cooling my heals waiting for groups and raids to organize or waiting for spawns to pop.

Suggestion

Very good job. I have a tweak suggestion.

Once you put a person's name in and click search....it shows you all items for that person. Could you add at the bottom of the list another Search bar so we can just search another without haveing to click the back arrow? Makes things smoother and less bandwith? (maybe less..I don't know these things).

Very good job. I have a tweak suggestion.

Once you put a person's name in and click search....it shows you all items for that person. Could you add at the bottom of the list another Search bar so we can just search another without haveing to click the back arrow? Makes things smoother and less bandwith? (maybe less..I don't know these things).

Thats very doable and something I hadn't thought of.

I don't think it's currently listing what you have in your listsold if it is being sold from your House.

Ya noticed this last night I think I need to join another table where the housing stuff is stored.

This tool is really nice. I browsed the vendors during some down time at work yesterday, made some notes, went home and hit the listsolds and blew all of my money very conveniently. Hey wait a minute! I BLEW ALL MY MONEY!!!!!! I hate this vendor search!!!!! j/k :) Great tool. I'll use it often.

Site Updated with a few things.

- Changed description / item text to black instead of white.
- Added character search to the character listings
- Made some SQL changes to increase speed and reduce load.

- Changed description / item text to black instead of white.

This is much easier to read overall, but I would still prefer that every other listing be a different color, Gray / black would be fine just to make it easier to see which description goes with which name.

Ya working on that and finding out where the heck house storage items are stored. Its not in any place I can find atm. The font color was more a quick fix till I get some of the others out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom