Offline guild members

Danku

Dalayan Beginner
I know it has been suggected before, but is there any way to control guild status/membership while toons are offline besides reforming a guild?

For example, I have one guy who has not logged in the game in over a year after having been a member for about 2 weeks. Honestly, there comes a point where it would be handy to be able to remove someone while they are offline. It just seems like a guild leader should be able to remove or change something when it comes to the members. This applies to promote/demote/removal.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that a GM or Dev could deguild them for you if you petition & explain the reasoning behind it...

Would be nice, although I'm not sure how much of a coding pain it would be, since you currently have to be *in* the zone to invite, promote or remove.

A guild management webtool been discussed as an option by staff (since the client can only be modified so much, its not real possible to put one in there).. Nothing currently in development, but, if enough people think it would be a beneficial addition, perhaps it can be devved up.

Actually, would be a great benefit. I used the guild management tool on live, and having remarks, status, ability to remove/promote via the tool was great.

I actually have different levels, and have renamed them via the /cm guild command... but I do know when you /guildstatus folks, they still don't show up, so I have half the guild still as trial members because I forget to promote them. :p

Guild Manager would be Awesome. since it is not working is there a way to get a list of all members currently in the guild?

I do as well think it would be an excellent idea, even via /cm. We don't need a graphic tool, the commands would really be enough.

I think the range of things you would want to do would be too extensive for a /cmd set. /cmd guild * is already a hack job.. no reason to make it more so.

Ikaa/Osimi said:
A guild management webtool been discussed as an option by staff (since the client can only be modified so much, its not real possible to put one in there).. Nothing currently in development, but, if enough people think it would be a beneficial addition, perhaps it can be devved up.

I would love guild management tool, that worked in-game or out.

Danku said:
ANY solution would be incredibly welcomed.

At this point a solution for your paticular issue would be to either a) reform the guild or b) petition to have a specific member removed with the reason for removal (from what I understand only an admin can handle the request, so it would have to passed along to an admin). But I agree, I would love to see something more guild leader friendly implemented soon.

Ruin had 382 members before we reformed the guild about a year ago to get rid of the people that no longer logged on to get rid of the 'IM BAK 4 GUD' syndrome that creeps up, id love an offline removal tool.

Ikaa/Osimi said:
but, if enough people think it would be a beneficial addition, perhaps it can be devved up.

One thing to consider is that most people do not realize the need for something like this. It is the guild leaders and officers, so maybe an average of 5 people per guild. Guess I am saying, please do not think it would be a great addition just because we do not get 100+ responses on it.

I already brought this post to the attention of the webdev we were discussing it with, and yes, we're quite well aware that this wouldnt affect 95% of the population. I didnt mean to suggest that there was a required amount of thumbs up before actually beginning to develop it, just that if everyone else throught the idea was without merit, your chances were slim to nil.

I'll look into getting something put together, the hardest part will be authentication - but I have some experience there.

This isn't an guarantee that your going to have a tool, I'm just saying I'll look into how difficult it will be to create such an app.

The only benefit I foresee of the guild window would just be the public/private notes for each player

I'd love something like this. I have no clue how many members PR has right now. but we see random people log on from time to time where everyone is like.... who is that?

Noktar said:
I'd love something like this. I have no clue how many members PR has right now. but we see random people log on from time to time where everyone is like.... who is that?
Lol, still 2-3 a month? :p

I realize this thread has been mostly left for dead. I just would like to know what happened? Did the plan become abandoned? Am I missing the knowledge of some commands?

Back
Top Bottom