3D RPG makers?

Rolunaan

Dalayan Beginner
Was wondering if any one knew of any good free/demo 3d RPG makers are out there. I think I enjoy making games more then accualy playing them. I uesed RPG maker 2k and 2k3 and up to rpg maker XP. I made a few games for friends ect. never really did much past that. The down side to my joy in making games is that I have just about no programing skills so I just stick to the pre-programed crators. I am how ever very good at every thing else from level designe and maping and char creation itemization ect... Any how I was wondering if there were any good 3D rpg creators some one could turn me on to.Something like FF7, or MMOesk would be nice, I'd even be interested in a mutli player one something like a Diablo or Gauntlet (64) kinda game. I used WC3's map maker a lot but not a big fan. there are to many restrictions with the interface or something. However I do like Wc3's Terrain editor a lot and its very simple as far as 3D terrain makers go. and if any one is interested in helping with a project I'd be more then happy to work with you.

Hmmmmm I aquired info about RPG maker VX coming out in english in Feb 2008 and JapV coming out in December of 2007 this looks kinda promising might give that a shot

:( Why dont you just devote the time to learning a simple programming language and not fiddle around with toys

Rolunaan said:
NWNights has a level crafter?

Indeed it does, I do not know much about NWN2 ,but nwn 1 was fun to toy around with for a bit. Sure someone had made some nifty scenarios etc for multiplayer too.

has any one used it befor? I've never even played NEverwinter nights. is it multi player, do you have a lot of versatility? easy to use?

Rolunaan said:
has any one used it befor? I've never even played NEverwinter nights. is it multi player, do you have a lot of versatility? easy to use?

neverwinter nights is a pretty awesome game. yes neverwinter nights has multiplayer... sort of like diablo 2 where you connect to others servers. the level editor, yes it's easy to use..

anyway, i know nothing of 3d rpg makers but if i find any ill let you know.

I own Torque. Its actually not THAT hard to use and I am in no way a programmer. Python is a bitch sometimes for me but I am sure if I took the time to learn it properly it would be alot easier to use. I think I paid like $200 bucks for it or maybe it was 350. I cant remember. Its got alot of bang for the buck.

Game Maker 7 (www.yoyogames.com) is a general game maker. You can make any games, including MMORPGs. It's 2D by default, but with some coding, you can make it 3D. Game Maker will take more programming than other 3D RPG makers, but it's also more flexible. That's usually the case with any RPG maker... more coding = more flexibility, less coding = more restricted.

Back
Top Bottom