Necro AA Leechstorm

Boramur

Dalayan Beginner
Helllo

I know this has been brought up before, but I really feel this needs to be addressed. Even Liam thinks this AA is bad.

No Wiz I do not want Flesh to Bone back!

I'm really hoping that there would be a possible change to the Necro AA Leechstorm.

As it stands now the AA does 750ish AE Lifetap with 1 hour, 12 Mins recast time. You have to also stand on top of the mob for it to hit it.

Hoping that this can be looked into and a better AA could be worked out for the necro population. I know alot of Necros have some great ideas out there, as this topic has been posted a few times, but no real answer has come of it.

Thanks.

Kindar
65 Necro

I agree that this aa is pretty much terrible. I never use it. If it can't be replaced with something more worthwhile can any changes be made to it? a couple suggestions that come to mind are:

- lowering the cast time (perhaps make it an instant cast, like recession) right now i believe the cast time on leechstorm is probably somewhere around 4 seconds.
- Making it hit for more damage/heal for more.
- Lowering the recast time

As far as a suggestion to replace it, I have a decent idea (I think). what do you guys think of giving necromancers an AA undead slow? Necros get a line of undead slows, so it would be logical to have an AA one as well, as shamans do with regular slow. As far as %slow, duration, recast time it could be similar to the AA shaman slow, but work only on undead. A good name for this ability would be something like "Shackle the Dead" maybe? What do other people think of these ideas? I don't even know if something like this is even possible so if it's no just /ignore jessyka *on*

So I read all the suggestions in that thread luas. There's some great ideas in there, especially some of the ones from Loxo.
Now, if this spell is limited to being AE only, then I think a great suggestion was that of the AE debuff with the group recourse. A mana drain would be most useful imo (an aa upgrade to mindwrack) but could also be a stat debuff as well. Not breaking mez would be totally awesome.

If it's not limited to being AE there are a whole lot of other good options:

- An AA endowed death (I personally don't think there's a chance of getting an AE fd, it just seems to overpowered to me) with an instant cast time.
- I like the idea of summoning the giant skelly.
- The AA rez with no reagent is a great one, and wouldn't be overpowered imo because of the long recast.
- An AA harmshield (invulnerability)
- I like the idea of the AA mana dump also, like if you're close to a wipe and cleric is running oom or something. Could be something like decrease your own mana by 1500, give 750 mana to target i don't know just an idea
- an AA group lifetap (could be a DD with a one-time hp increase for group, or a DD with a duration recourse for group, or a DoT with a duration recourse (like an upgrade to Zevs))
- The group skelly illusion is a good one as well
- A single SHORT duration targetable lich-type spell (so as not to be overpowered). maybe like 4-6 ticks? could be one that transfers the targets hp to mana or one that transfers the necros hp to mana for the target (this one sounds better to me)
I'll probably come up with more pretty soon.

There are AAs that are musts and then there are AAs that are for later.

Leechstorm has much more use than soulbound or dire charm. I've used it 4 times since i bought it. I bought it about a month ago after buying 200+ AAs.

Making this some kind of utility AA would be nice, maybe something to help pets? Mages have an AA that wards their pets from spell damage don't they?, maybe necromancers could get something like that, a pet only HoT that lasts 4-6 ticks, or a short duration haste that stacks with the ancient haste for burst DPS boosts.

Hahahaha, what if it made swarm pets extremely resistant to damage for a short time (like you'd mash wake the dead, then this aa to keep the skeleton horde alive through WW or AEs or what have you)

misin said:
There are AAs that are musts and then there are AAs that are for later.

Leechstorm has much more use than soulbound or dire charm. I've used it 4 times since i bought it. I bought it about a month ago after buying 200+ AAs.

Yeah soulbond and dire charm as just as useless for necros and will be some of the last AAs I buy, but from what I understand they can't be changed because they are shared by several different classes. (I made a thread about soulbond a hell of a long time ago and found that out). Leechstorm on the other hand is class specific so I think there's a better chance of getting it changed to something a little bit more useful.

Thinkmeats said:
Hahahaha, what if it made swarm pets extremely resistant to damage for a short time (like you'd mash wake the dead, then this aa to keep the skeleton horde alive through WW or AEs or what have you)

I actually like this idea since the AA skellies last for 30 secs and can do quite some DPS over that period. If this AA would bump their mitigation into the sky for a short while it would give this AA a new dimension towards a lot of mobs with AE/WW (Almost all mobs in the upper raid game).

What about this-

Link to the underworld - the necro truly becomes an undead for 30 seconds, losing 300 HP and gaining 180 mana a tick. the character becomes dark bone skeleton or some other cool model.

Allielyn said:
Sounds too much like Canni for Necros, in my opinion.

it is over a period of 30 seconds, can only be used once every hour and 12 minutes and necros generally have a lot less HP than shamans of a similar level making it even more of a risk to use

So I take it from the lack of posts from the staff, that this AA will not be looked at for a possible change. :hmph:

Thank you to all who had some great ideas/comments.

Kindar
65 necro

Soulbound DMF is awfully nice for any zone you want extra poison resistance, lev (anywhere with slippery floors), or especially long duration water breathing + lev (fighting/pulling while sinking sucks, as most water zones have stuff on the floor that gets in the way, and it's easy to get stuck on things in the water, and so does re-rezzing people who forgot to ask for or didn't get an EB spell).

Keep guards in HHK are DC'able, among other mobs. It is a little frustrating at times, knowing the chances are you'll go LD before it refreshes.

Aside from all of my superior ideas in Luas' thread, leechstorm honestly just needs the long ass cast time removed or lowered to make it more useful.

LoxoscelesReclusa said:
Aside from all of my superior ideas in Luas' thread, leechstorm honestly just needs the long ass cast time removed or lowered to make it more useful.

AA timers are bound in the client and can not be changed, only the effects

cast time. It takes like 8 seconds to cast.

Anyways, as I was about to edit, even as it is, leechstorm adds a nice finish to the lifeburn > recession routine regardless.

Soulbound doesn't add any extra time. Those were the days of perma buffs.

Leechstorm is a fun one time necro usefulness in an AE group. Its also fun when pulling multiple LBs or greens when your farming stuff like that. again i think its fine as it is. insta cast would be a little overpowering

No, soulbond doesn't add time, nor did I say it does, and it doesn't need to, because DMF is already the long duration spell I referred to it as.

wtf did everyone go, we're talking about leechstorm, and sorry to disagree but its insanely useless. Someone pointed you need to be like hugging the mob to make it work ; maybe the range could be increased, and as it was suggested the casting time ?
Another idea to make it worth without changing the whole concept, is making it a group recourse, like an instant Zev. Maybe it was suggested before I dont know. It sounds overpowering maybe but a long recast AA shouldn't be used only for farming...

Back
Top Bottom