Beastlord Warder Change

Thanks for adding to the list, mechkl. The only reason I didn't list the others offhand was because I could not remember the order of textures, but I double-checked earlier. You did miss a few, particularly with that Vah panther (which is a swap of the puma base, actually!). A few minor amendments, if I may:

Iksar
Co`dair -- Default Texture: Yellow/Green Scaled Wolf, 2nd Texture: Brown/Red Scaled Wolf
Elhasaur -- Default: Green Drogmor, 2nd: Black Drogmor
Rockhopper -- Default: Tan Rockhopper, 2nd: Red Rockhopper, 3rd: Gray Rockhopper

Troll
Alligator -- Default Texture: Alligator, 2nd Texture: Basilisk (same model as Remnants crac`tee)
Leech -- Default Texture: Leech
Basilisk -- Default Texture: Alligator, 2nd Texture: Basilisk (a.k.a. the Remnants crac`tee)

Vah
Panther -- Default Texture: Puma, 2nd Texture: Snow Leopard (spots), 3rd Texture: Snow Cougar (spotless), 4th: Panther
Sabertooth -- Default Texture: Tan Sabertooth, 2nd Texture: Albino Sabertooth
Tiger -- Default Texture: Tiger​

With the current lineup, it seems that a texture swap of the final Runic pet simply wouldn't be viable across the board given that the Barbarian rabbit, the Ogre skunk, the Troll leech, and the Vah tiger are entirely lacking in any alternate textures. The fact that two of the Troll pets (alligator and basilisk) share the same set of textures would also be problematic; the Troll who had been with a basilisk his entire career would suddenly have an alligator, and the Troll who had originally picked alligator would suddenly have a basilisk. :psyduck:

Last edited:
screw taht hole post..... anways my hopper in tan... as runic 2 nver summoned non runic 2 to check color.... and also leather makes my pet red awseom...

also if the dev can or are willing to add tectures i would be more tehn happy to do a few... recolors are easy adn really fun. i use to do tehm for my armor in an mmo called ROSE.

also bigger pets like b4 or even grow for beastlords.....

Last edited:
ya i hadent gotten to play with the vah pets... i can tell you that grey rock hopper is default adn tan is runic 2 tho. also elhasaur is black as a runic 2 asumming he works like codair adn hopper. but now i have to figure out how to make my hopper red... hopefully its chain cause i dont wanna farm a plate clicky lol.

Ah, I see what you were doing. Our wires are crossed -- you were referring to the default look of a selected BST pet vs. the alternate runic pet appearance (I didn't even know these were implemented with the new pets!), whereas I was talking about the actual order of textures according to the game client itself.

It may be that an IKS BST who chooses the rockhopper will get a gray pet, but the tan one is indeed the first/default texture in the rockhopper model file. An ENC who targets a rockhopper with no extra illusions on will turn into a tan rockhopper, whereas he must cast Spell: Illusionary Chainmail on himself prior to shapeshifting into a rockhopper to take on the gray color. That said, the red pet is the second texture, meaning that it corresponds to humanoid leather. Glowbones Belt from the Kaezul wars is the only item with such a clicky, unfortunately, so it looks like you're stuck with the other colors unless you luck into winning one of those.

Last edited:
i have a glowbones belt and a chainmail dagger and the plate ear drops off a boss in necropolis, and i figured out the red pet thing right after i posted that first one, why i edited it.

worth a double post i think!
basically a test for a skin... not sure if i can add but certainly replace

successk.png

successk.png

the more i stare at it the more it just looks like the grey one to me... gonna change more try and play with adding markings

Last edited:
the more i stare at it the more it just looks like the grey one to me... gonna change more try and play with adding markings

Even if it's just for kicks, I look forward to seeing what you cook up. Surely, Paintshop or Photoshop must have some kind of automatic palette swap feature, right? Something for the program to reassign entire clusters of colors to another part of the color spectrum within certain restrictions (like a less extreme form of deriving a negative of an image, where all colors are flip-flopped 100%). I'm a total n00b when it comes to digital image editing, though, so I'm clueless about this kind of thing.

For what it's worth, I would suggest you strive for a color scheme that will stand in stark contrast to the textures already in the game. If there's already a gray rockhopper, a red rockhopper, and a tan rockhopper, something like blue or green might be a good goal.

i was just using replace color feature in photoshop... so that texture only took about 5 mins... but ya its just getting the uv maps figured out thats the hard part.

also it appears that the servers model library is a cluster fuck of duplicates and borrowing models from other zones.

and heres with a little more work

2nddraft.png

Last edited:
i was just using replace color feature in photoshop... so that texture only took about 5 mins... but ya its just getting the uv maps figured out thats the hard part.

also it appears that the servers model library is a cluster fuck of duplicates and borrowing models from other zones.

and heres with a little more work

2nddraft.png

Needs Rainbow skin!

I might be forced to roll a beastlord if I can get pets looking like that.
And how cool would it be if the R1 summoned each pet a different color of the rainbow!

Back
Top Bottom