Eqplaynice Slows me down

I've run it in Windows 7 Starter Edition on my netbook, but I couldn't tell you if it actually does anything. :)

It will run, but it won't be accomplishing anything. And may produce adverse effects. Basically, the thing it was designed to do for systems before Vista (might be before XP, but idr right now and for sure Vista), your OS will do automatically now. So yay: Quit using it!

That's odd, because whenever I use eqpn I can run pandora without any skipping for as long as I want. However, without eqpn running, the skipping becomes so annoying I can't use pandora. Does eqpn do something else that could be helping?

I use it on Windows 7, it helps a lot. I can't use it when I use the EQEmu client however. Also sometimes it causes memory errors when I try to load a client which can be annoying.

Anything with an intel processor, especially Laptops, they use the speedstep technology which scales your processor based on what you're doing, EQPN screws this up. The way I fixed it on my old dell laptop was to change my power settings to high performance and then use EQPN without any problems. EQPN + Speedstep didn't work well. The other option is to turn off speedstep in the bios.

Back
Top Bottom