Random nerf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
A lot of people are reporting ~5% decrease in overall damage/healing. Personally experiencing 150 health per heal, and 49 damage a tick on dot (196 total). Any help would be cool!

tomes are now listed as 4% instead of 5%, I posted about it in the tome thread wondering if it's intentional.

Yeah, I just checked my bards tome and noticed this. This is quite possibly the most mind bogglingly stupid change ever. I understand tomes were too powerful, but nerfing them after releasing an entire expansion to make your characters more powerful seems really ass backwards. Why add more tomes just so we can grind more experience just to get back to where we were.

Edit: It would have made much more sense to have the new ikisith tomes that increase damage/healing to be less powerful for the same experience required. Losing what you already worked for and having to get it back is seriously disheartening.

Last edited:
perhaps the reason behind the nerf should be explained so that people can take a more informed stance on the matter.

This is actually nerfing everybody. Those whith max tomes feel it more than teh rest of us even, as they just flat out lost 5% overnight. It needed to happen though, tomes were, and still are so amazing that it blows my mind. 20% bonus to heals, nukes and melee?

That shit is bananas.

This is actually nerfing everybody. Those whith max tomes feel it more than teh rest of us even, as they just flat out lost 5% overnight. It needed to happen though, tomes were, and still are so amazing that it blows my mind. 20% bonus to heals, nukes and melee?

That shit is bananas.

you know whats bananas? farming 1000 ( thats one THOUSAND) aas to max those

If I had to guess I would say one of the reasons is that almost all pre-ikisith content was designed without tomes, and many of them without archaics. This has immensely sped up progression and effectively reduced the difficulty of raiding in general. While it isn't necessarily bad to make advancement take less time, this is the definition of imbalanced.

Worse still, the kinds of bonuses that tomes give grant varying degrees of benefit to different classes. Enchanters receive nothing; shamans receive everything. Assuming classes weren't particularly imbalanced prior to tomes, tomes definitely pushed certain classes further apart in terms of power. So in order to bring classes back into line in ikisith, certain classes would need to have shittier tomes and would not get all that much better, which is sadface and tragic and all kinds of not fun, and it's more likely to not happen now.

Lastly, very nearly everything pre-ikisith was done without tomes at all, or without much tomes. This means that reducing tome power won't destroy your guild; 5% healing wasn't holding you together. And keep in mind nerfing tomes isn't an idea that occurred the moment ikisith came out; the devs waited for a reason. Now you have new ways to work to improve your characters and well beyond 5% more dps. Doing it now, instead of 6 months ago, is a kindness.

Yeah, I just checked my bards tome and noticed this. This is quite possibly the most mind bogglingly stupid change ever. I understand tomes were too powerful, but nerfing them after releasing an entire expansion to make your characters more powerful seems really ass backwards. Why add more tomes just so we can grind more experience just to get back to where we were.

Edit: It would have made much more sense to have the new ikisith tomes that increase damage/healing to be less powerful for the same experience required. Losing what you already worked for and having to get it back is seriously disheartening.

So it's ok to balance items that are broken, but not tomes?

So it's ok to balance items that are broken, but not tomes?

nerfing items vs. tomes is different
it's a slap in the face to all folks who took the time to grind all the xp it takes to grind 5 tomes only to find out you're receiving the benefit of 4.

nerfing items vs. tomes is different
it's a slap in the face to all folks who took the time to grind all the xp it takes to grind 5 tomes only to find out you're receiving the benefit of 4.

I believe it still takes the same amount of exp now and it's not like had this change gone in a while back people wouldn't have put in the same grind for 20%. I'd probably hold off real judgment until Ikisith tomes start materializing.

So is this official, nerf or it was just a mistake? Could use a Dev/GM voice on this =)

Thanks.

Rorne, pretty easy to say when you yourself basically have none. that said, it's fairly standard mmo type expansion stuff.

Last edited:
This is a pretty bullshit way to scale off things off of people that grinded like idiots to get maxed tomes.

I know it's not a big nerf but what's the objective here ? It seems pretty random and/or obscure.

EDIT : and why add codexes to an expansion when you just nerfed every high toon by 5 % ? These aren't rethorical questions.

Last edited:
This is a pretty bullshit way to scale off things off of people that grinded like idiots to get maxed tomes.

I know it's not a big nerf but what's the objective here ? It seems pretty random and/or obscure.

EDIT : and why add codexes to an expansion when you just nerfed every high toon by 5 % ?

Because if old tomes were over powered, new tomes are more so without a balance. And the value chosen for old tomes, 5%, was probably arbitrary. Not thinking that the repercussion of tome addition, which was to give old players a place to put aas, would result in the requirement that new players had to "...work on their tomes..." and grind 1250 aas asap. This being aided by the fact that for most classes, aas beyond the first 300 are of marginal utility compared to investing in a tome.

Given that human behavioural quirk has manifested itself and will continue in this expansion, nerfing tomes does make it less likely people will ever pug sanctum etc... Also, if you are going to continue playing and have max tomes, it does give you someplace to place otherwise wasted aas and something to aim for.

That said, it still feels like a kick in the nuts, but I think I understand why it was done.

Rorne, pretty easy to say when you yourself basically have none. that said, it's fairly standard mmo type expansion stuff.

It's easy for me to say people should wait to make judgments and be rational about this?

Because if old tomes were over powered, new tomes are more so without a balance. And the value chosen for old tomes, 5%, was probably arbitrary. Not thinking that the repercussion of tome addition, which was to give old players a place to put aas, would result in the requirement that new players had to "...work on their tomes..." and grind 1250 aas asap. This being aided by the fact that for most classes, aas beyond the first 300 are of marginal utility compared to investing in a tome.

Given that human behavioural quirk has manifested itself and will continue in this expansion, nerfing tomes does make it less likely people will ever pug sanctum etc... Also, if you are going to continue playing and have max tomes, it does give you someplace to place otherwise wasted aas and something to aim for.

That said, it still feels like a kick in the nuts, but I think I understand why it was done.

Pug sanctum ? Wut ?

Your whole post is pretty subjective and not even dead-on as far as information. Most classes can benefit WAY beyond 300 AAs before dumping into tomes.

Whatever their reason for putting tomes at 5 % each. i'm pretty sure i'm accurate when i say most of the people feel like they achieved this and just got nerfed for no apparent reason. Yeah, new tomes. So what's the point ? Balancing with the new expansion...
Might as well make 15 more tomes to 100 % total damage/healing total then nerf it when you feel it's overpowered when they throw out another expansion 1-2 years after them being implemented. This just feel like the things implemented have been butched/implemented without regards to balance in the near/distant future. I know it's not easy by all means. Just kinda feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom