NVIDEA Clipping Bug and Radeon Target Ring Bug Fix!

Excellent thread guys. I thought I would share my success in solving the Nvidia graphics bug. I followed the instructions using "...\eqgame patchme" as the path for 3D Analyzer.

In response to Glamrin, only the following two options were required to solve my issue:

emulate HW TnL caps
emulate other DX8.1 caps

It appears the others are not necessary (for me anyways). Further, I left the VendorID and DeviceID boxes = 0.

While eqwindows does not work, running regular EQ in windowed mode (alt-enter) on my melee system and eqw as normal on my boxed system works well as my caster is raretly affected by this bug.

Last edited:
Make sure your .bat file is in the EQ directory.

If it is in the eq directory, you should be able to double click it to open it and thus to test it before moving on.

If it still doesn't open, or it blinks then closes, you may have to truncate your entry. For example, on my OS I have to type:

D:\Progra~1\****\EverQu~1\eqgame patchme

How exactly do I truncate my entry to match my path? I am having a similar problem where the dos window appears quickly, then disappears. When I put in c:/program files/****/*********/sodpatcher.exe the file tries to duplicate then the 3d analyze program locks up. I'm not sure what the next step is.

I am getting an error while injecting dll error. Has someone got a workaround for it? I will have a better look myself later today.

Just wanted to suggest that you guys might change the title of this thread to include the "Nvidia graphic bug fix" or something like that. Just by asking around in the Dalaya's Beginners guild chat, and in ooc, it seems like most people don't even know of the fix at all. I probably wouldn't have ever found out about it myself if I hadn't made my own thread.

Anyway, just a thought.

Has anyone managed to get this program to stop the nvidia bug with a 8800 graphics card? I haven't had much luck myself :(

No. But you get used to it. If I'm on melee I'll mouse scroll back a few. Or not. Kind of used to it now. It only really annoys me when you have large mob bodies on the ground (Dragons). walking around in big corpse can make you lose your way.

I doubt there ever will be a "fix"

Hello. I see this is a month old or so but i came looking for a fix for the graphic tearing. Nvidia card. using only 1 process. Just wanted to say that this fix may work but that file from that site has a trojan in it. least thats what norton is saying.

Hello. I see this is a month old or so but i came looking for a fix for the graphic tearing. Nvidia card. using only 1 process. Just wanted to say that this fix may work but that file from that site has a trojan in it. least thats what norton is saying.

The post is almost a year old now, the trojan is most likely a false positive unless it has changed since I posted the link.

Yes a year old from original post but the fixes are still valid and it was only a month after the last post that I posted. Yes confirmed the file linked from the site does indeed have a trojan.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/files/download/emu_tnl/3danalyzer-v234.zip

since your post I'm sure it has changed a few versions. Seems the older ones are save but for some reason the new one (well every download from there site now) has a trojan in it.

Just letting the community know to be careful.

Hello

When execute the .bat (the both .bat are in the EQ directory)

with eqgame.exe patchme, problem : CreateProcess failed.

imageeqpb.png

Follow by a new windows error of 3D-Analyser with : Error while injecting dll into target process

imageeqpb.png

when execute SODpatcher.exe : the SODpatcher is ok, but when press "patch and run", The SODpatcher close and nothing more happend. 3D-Analyser left open and cmd.exe too.

imageeqpb.png

Have i missed something?

Thank you for helping me.

Last edited:
I have found how it can work. all the patcher directory must be copied in the EQ directory and it work.

ATI Radeon targetring

I just got the target ring working on ATI Radeon X600 and X1270. This post is for the ATI guys needing a little more information.

Loaded the 3d Analyze and created the bat file.

I needed to truncate the pathway like Stope said.

Then I edited EQclient.ini to include the following:
TNL=True

Then in 3D-Analyze I clicked force SwTnL

I did NOT use 0 in VendorID and DeviceID. I used the ATI toolbar tool to find that information.

Once in game, I only did an alt+O and chose to show target ring.

If you're like me you may have done what this guide said to still not have a target ring. You'll have to download a target ring from someplace like eqinterface or some other site and put it in a new folder in the UIFILES of your EQ files. You'll still have to use 3d analyzer though. And if you're on vista run with administrator privileges or you'll get a "can't copy forcedll.dll error.

Last edited:
At risk of being flamed, I wanted to offer my perspective. Few in my shoes with little time and no computer engineering or programming background would ever try to "fix" this SOD's problem on their computer with these targeting rings.

Every time I do a step-by-step idea such as the OP describes, I have this little "gremlin" that was issued to me at birth, and well, he just plain doesn't like me trying to do something he knows I am just incapable of doing.

Solution for the rest of us? Please Game Managers of SOD, could you fix the targeting rings? in such a manner as to make the game more playable? Just starting to play, and getting mobbed in the beginner area by gnoll pups and skeles, boy am I gonna ever have to rely on setting up my "assist" when I get into groups.

Clearly, you missed the first paragraph of the first post in this thread.

It's not a matter of "fix it", it's a matter of the client we use. If it was just a "oh, there's a missing ) in this line of code" thing, it'd be done already.

Hmm. So what you are saying is you cannot and will not fix the targeting rings. Why do other servers of EQ have them then?

Fact is having this fixed would increase some of my ability to sway some more of my friends to come over to this server. To us it seems that a regular button on the alt+o is just plain disabled.

I apologize if I just don't understand why it cannot be done, it would seem to me it would just simply be a factor of making the buttons work in the options area.

Last edited:
Hmm. So what you are saying is you cannot and will not fix the targeting rings. Why do other servers of EQ have them then?

Fact is having this fixed would increase some of my ability to sway some more of my friends to come over to this server. To us it seems that a regular button on the alt+o is just plain disabled.

I apologize if I just don't understand why it cannot be done, it would seem to me it would just simply be a factor of making the buttons work in the options area.

No, what tarutaru is saying is that it is a limitation of the client. The only way the SoD staff could implement a fix is by upgrading to a newer version of the client. Other servers have target rings and no graphics anomalies because they are using a more recent version of the client. I am sure that SoD could definitely be upgraded to a new client, but it would likely involve a lot of code work that really isn't necessary. I played live for years before the target ring was implemented. It's not that difficult to do.

I tried using the fix for the 3D Targeting Rings but it didn't work for me. My card is an ATI Radeon HD 5800.

I downloaded the 3D Analyze and created a batch file.

my path is "D:\Program Files\S***\E********\sodpatcher.exe"

Right here is where i may have messed up if sodpatcher.exe isn't the right file but my batch file worked fine on its own and with 3D analyze.

I loaded the batch file into 3D analyze with all hardware limits selected.

I tried with and without checking force SW Tnl after adding TNL=TRUE to my eqclient.ini file. (I also tried UseTnl=TRUE and also using 1 in place of TRUE)

I tried using both 0's and my Id's in 3D Analyze (My ID's are 1002:VendorID and 6898:DeviceID)

I'm not in windowed mode and My use 3D target rings box is checked in game.

The game loads fine with no errors but I still don't see any target rings. I even tried using a custom UI with the same result.

If anyone knows what I've done wrong or has any other fixes I would truly appreciate it.

My nVidia bug is fixed using this method, but my frame rate drops to really low. I am using a laptop and the GPU is nVidia GTS 360m, with 512mb DDR 5. (Emulate TnL is the only option clicked)
Anyone know if there's a way around this, keeping good fps while fixing the bug?

I don't see any file called "3D Analyzer" at the site mentioned in the first post. Is it one of the files shown there and just not called by that name?

Back
Top Bottom